This 2014-21 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that RBC Estate & Trust Services will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities and meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards).
Statement of Commitment
RBC Estate & Trust Services is committed to:
- providing clients with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services
- allowing clients with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in a equitable way as other customers
- providing a professional environment that promotes barrier-free access for all clients as required by applicable legislation
- providing employees and job applicants with reasonable accommodation
- providing information in ways that are accessible to people with disabilities, and
- meeting these commitments in a timely manner
RBC Estate & Trust Services will provide training to employees on the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards) and on the requirements of the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees.
RBC Estate & Trust Services will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training noted above by January 1, 2015:
- A training course will be provided and rolled out to all employees covered under this legislation.
- All employees mentioned above will be trained as soon as practicable.
- We will keep a record of the training provided under this section.
Information and Communications
RBC Estate & Trust services is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Accessible Emergency Information
RBC Estate & Trust Services is committed to providing publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when requested.
RBC Estate & Trust Services will ensure existing processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports upon request by January 1, 2015.
Accessible Formats and Communication Supports
RBC Estate & Trust Services will take the following steps to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request, for persons with disabilities by January 1, 2016:
- We will provide such accessible formats and communication in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
- We will provide such accessible formats and communication at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
Accessible Websites and Web Content
RBC Estate & Trust Services will take the following steps to make all internet websites and web content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA, except where meeting such requirements are not practicable, to meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards) by January 1, 2021:
- By January 1, 2014, all new internet web sites and web content created, or existing internet web sites going through a significant refresh, will be made to conform with WCAG 2.0 Level A.
- By January 1, 2021, all internet web sites and web content on those sites must conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- We will post resources on our Intranet for employees to use in order to meet this requirement.
- We will ensure that all employees involved in the development of our internet web sites and web content are aware of and have access to developer guidelines and best practices for meeting this requirement.
RBC Estate & Trust Services is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps:
- To notify the public and employees that, when requested, will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes and when people are hired by January 1, 2016.
- To advise the public and employees through our public recruitment web sites that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes
- To put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability
- To ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account in using performance management, career development and re-deployment processes.
- To prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified
- To incorporate these requirements into HR policies and advise and make them available to all employees and people managers
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact us at:
Phone: 1-855-833-6511, RBC Estate & Trust Services, National Office
Email: RBC Estate & Trust Services
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request from:
National Office email: RBC Estate & Trust Services